Sunday, February 5, 2012

Daily Mile, Pinterest Obsession, and another busy weekend!

Are y'all on Daily Mile?  The website is pretty nice, I could do without them rounding up/down my miles and times, but hey no one is perfect.  My running goal this year is to run 1200 miles.  I figured that if I kept on top of logging my miles electronically it will be easier to calculate everything at the end of the week/month/year.

So in the month of January I ran 114 miles.  I  have also burned 4 pounds, powered 15.64 TVs, saved 6.94 gallons of gas, and burned 77 donuts(!!).  You guys know know I love my statistics...

I've also been obsessed with Pinterest lately.  There is just SO much interesting, random stuff in one place to look at!  The one thing that I don't like about Pinterest is that if you don't "pin" something right when you see it...good luck finding it again.  I was trying to tell my sister about something for the wedding that I saw on Pinterest, and you know I could never find it again...  Darn.

The other really great thing about Pinterest is that there are a lot of really (and I mean REALLY) good ideas on there.  I actually stumbled across this website for a practical wedding. There are so many great ideas for keeping a wedding "in check".  The simple fact the Ben and I are sponsoring our own wedding has lead me to the realization that our wedding day isn't about whether or not I have a fancy hanger with my name on it, or an open bar, or etc...or etc...

Here's a quote from the author about memorable weddings:
I don't remember what the centerpieces looked like.  Frankly, I don't remember if they had centerpieces.  I don't remember what the brides dress looked like, just that it was white, she had a veil, and she was so happy she looked like she was shooting beams of light around the room.  I don't remember if they had programs, or much about what we ate.  All I remember is the emotion, the funny stories, and looks on peoples faces.  
Clearly, we are going to have to do a lot of the preparations and decorations ourselves, but that's what Pinterest is for, right?!? ;)

This weekend has been another busy one.  On Friday night, Ben and I met up with Kelly, Keith, Amanda, and Ryan at the Brick House on Dale Mabry.  This place is rather new and pretty good.  Their big claim to fame is the "beer bong" that they bring to the table and beers with a kick (i.e. BeeSting - Guinness with OJ).

Yesterday was my last long run before (inaugural) Rock n Roll St. Pete Half Marathon.  (I'm race number 3199, in corral 3)  It's been a few weeks since I've gone "long" and I really needed to have a little more confidence going in to next weekend.  Chris and I decided to meet up at his place and do a 10 miler on Bayshore.  I was planning to use my Gu gels for the first time to try out my race nutrition plan.  My friends at Suncoast Running hooked me up with a sample of the Mint Chocolate flavor (which was delicious!).

For the Space Coast Marathon, I used Shot Bloks (which worked really well), but I find it hard to chew and run at that same time.  My plan was to take a shot blok (black cherry, with caffeine) before the run and then the Gu at about 45 minutes in.  I'm happy to report that the plan worked perfectly. Here are the splits:


Laps11

Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary1:28:53.610.018:53
18:55.01.008:55
28:33.81.008:34
38:56.81.008:57
48:47.61.008:48
58:59.31.008:59
68:52.41.008:52
78:59.21.008:59
88:51.41.008:51
99:04.21.009:04
108:50.71.008:51
11:03.10.016:52


If I'm able to maintain under 9:00 minute miles I will hit my goal of a sub 2:00 half marathon.  Yesterday was  more of a trial run for next weekend.  I haven't seen the weather report for next weekend, but yesterday was pretty warm.  Ben, Chris, and I have decided to run the race together so I'm really excited about having support and a little bit of a push.

After the run was over, we decided to head to First Watch to refuel.  I'm so in love with this place!  I got the Fresh Fruit Crepes, my favorite:


Afterwards we met up with some family for a picnic at Al Lopez (perfect weather!), hit up Sam's Club (super fun the day before the Super Bowl!), and then went to the Land and Sea Market.  Land and Sea was AMAZING.  I've driven past this place a ton and have been meaning to stop since we moved in to our new place in July.  We landed up getting one of the packages they offer pick 6 for $26:

 1 Chili or Seafood Chowder
 ½ lb Spinach and Artichoke Dip or ½ lb Apple Walnut Chicken Sala
 1 lb Deli Turkey or 1 lb Deli Ham
 2 Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Over 12 Varieties)
 2 Basa Fillets
 2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Breasts
 2 Bourbon Marinated Steaks
 2 Chicken Mignons (Cajun, Lemon Pepper, or Greek) or 2 lbs.Ground Chicken
 2 Tilapia Fillets
 Chicken Burgers (Choose from Feta, Cheddar, Buffalo, Spinach and Feta, or Plain)
 All Beef Hot Dogs


I can say with all certainty that we will be going back to Land and Sea, for sure!  Ben and I cooked up the stuffed chicken breasts last night, and they were delicious!  This week I'm off to Tallahassee for most of the week (Monday - Thursday), so it will be interesting to run in the hills a little more than normal.  More importantly, I want to make sure that I eat well and drink plenty of water.  Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment