Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Auntie Lala - Emily Caitlynn Addition

Most people who know me know that my family may be super small, but we are very close.  My sister Kimberly and I are only 14 months apart in age.  And even though we hated each other when we were growing up, we have developed an amazing sisterly bond over the past decade.  (It's amzing what moving 6 hours away will do!)  These days, we don't even have to speak to each other most of the time, it's just a look.  In fact, Ben and my sister's husband (Dan) really get sick of us when we do "the look" together.  Here is a photo of us in Key West's Mallory Square:


Even though we are super close, we are total opposites.  In probably every way imaginable.  My sister is super smart, a nurse, has been with her high school sweetheart since 10th grade, and the BEST baker in the the family.  When Kim and Dan told me they were expecting a baby in 2008, I was SUPER excited.  (A little nervous, but still SUPER excited!)  My little nephew, Alex, was born on April 1, 2009 and he is really such a character.  He calls me Lala because the "R" sound is the hardest for children to speak.  Here he is at Adventure Island:


Alex is a total boy. He loves dirt, trucks, sand, water, and anything else manly.  Lately he has been obsessed with Ben and Ben's big red truck.  Whenever he sees me, he always says, Ben! Ben truck! Ben, Ben, Ben, truck, truck, truck...  So when I found out in January that my sister was expecting a little girl I was over the moon!  Finally I have someone to dress, giggle with, paint nails and who won't care about Ben's truck (sorry, honey!)

My parents typically have the family over for Sunday dinner (typical Italian tradition).  This week, they were out of town, so I asked Kim, Dan, and Alex to come over to our place and swim and we would cook dinner.  My sister had been having contractions, but wasn't scheduled to give birth until September 7th.  So, we really weren't freaking out about her contractions...UNTIL they started to get worse.

It was about 5:00 pm at this point and I asked my sister what she would tell me to do if the roles were reversed.  She said she would make me go to the hospital.  So I made her.  And, it's a good thing that I did - because at 6:59 pm, Emily Caitlynn Montgomery arrived!  Weighing in at 7 pounds, 7 ounces and 18 3/4 inches long she is just perfect!

This is when I first met Miss Emily (side note - I got in trouble for holding her without clothes on because my sister set me up - geeze...)


This is day two at the hospital after a bath:



 Here we are again on day #2.  She's not as excited as me yet, but she will be! One day!


I could just stare at this sweet little baby all day long!  I am truly so lucky and blessed to have the family, friends and lifestyle that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment