Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME! :)

As many of you know, this past Friday I turned 3-0! It was an amazing day/weekend spent with some of the best family and friends out there.  What some of you don't know is that I went ahead and bought myself an early birthday present!

** A NEW CAR!  **

I had been riding in my 2008 Toyota Camry for almost three years now.  When I first got her, she was AWESOME.  But then, there were a few issues.  First, I met Ben.  And the poor guy barely fit into my sweet little Camry.  We actually had to open the sunroof screen so he had extra head space.... Second, the sucker was so low I couldn't go anywhere when it rained.  (One particular time I got stuck in South Tampa and Ben had to come pick me up in his truck - from a Pawn Shop, no less.)  Finally, and the nail in the coffin, we took my car to Pensacola for a little vacation and my butt was SO sore from those seats.  Maybe my butt is just not as small as the butts in Japan?

Either way, I've been eyeing and tossing around different ideas for a new ride for a few months.  I knew I wanted something higher than the Camry, but wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for.  In the beginning of August, Ben had to take his Avalanche to Gordon Chevy for some window tinting.  Out buddy Chris works there and he was showing us this Lincoln MKX that Gordon just got in.  Obviously, this car was impressive.

But a Lincoln? C'mon SON, I'm not that fancy.  I mean I hail from New Port Richey for crying out loud.  Ben and Chris were both trying to make me drive the car, but I knew that if I drove that piece of luxury, I would be hooked.  So I walked away.  A few weeks later, I got a call saying that the Lincoln was still there.  And that Gordon was looking to move more inventory before the end of the month. 

Hmmmm.....

So I went up to Gordon to "look at the numbers".  I'm a real numbers person, and I'm not trying to get into a car that is outside of my means.  But the numbers were even better than what I was paying on my Camry!  For a fancy Lincoln!

Here are some photos:




Some of my favorite features:
  • A/C in the seats (!!!) - this is AWESOME after running
  • Navigation - I will NEVER get lost again - plus I can hook up my cell phone to the navigation
  • Riding HIGH
Sometimes I still look for my Camry when I'm walking out to the parking lot, but have been pleasantly surprised recently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment