Friday, May 25, 2012

The end of an era

Sadly, this weekend, my BFF Kelly will be moving to Birmingham, Alabama with her husband Keithy-poo.  While this is going to be a very exciting time for both Kelly and Keith, it will be a sad weekend for myself.  I first met Kelly circa Fall of 2001, in Pensacola.  We both went to UWF and worked at the same steakhouse.  I call Kelly my Malibu Barbie friend.  If you aren't friends with her, you will totally want to be her friend just so you can be around her infectious (in a good way!) personality.

Here we are around 2003ish with my old roomie practicing our Foosball skills.  In college, Kelly and I were quite the Foosball sharks.  The poor men of Pensacola...


Once I graduated in 2004, I moved back to the Tampa area.  I begged Kelly to move here for several years.  But she was in graduate school at the time and had a great job.  The issue with Pensacola, is that it's mainly a transient town.  There is a military base, a college, a Christian college, and hurricanes.  A few years later (around 2008), Kelly got a job in Land O' Lakes as a guidance counselor and much to my surprise moved to Pasco county.

Sometimes when you have been away from a friend for a few years, you wonder if your relationship is going to be the same or if you will be too different now.  And although Kelly and I didn't see eye-to-eye on every situation (who does?!?), we were just like peas and carrots again!  Here's a little trip down memory lane:

Molly's Pushing It (real good!)


Gasparilla Parade 2009 (this is the day I met Ben)


MacDintons (cheers to new friend, Amanda!)


DMB Tailgating 2009


Fitzgerald's for my birthday


First of the broken arms at Beer Garten


Being cultured at the theatre


Time for tea - National Museum Day at the Tampa Bay History Museum


Halloween


Still sharking at foosball in Pensacola


Four Green Fields


World of Beer


More foosball (yes, we are that good!)


St. Patrick's Day at Four Green Fields


St. Pete Beach (with new/old friend, Michelle!)


Kelly's housewarming!


DMB tailgating 2010


Drinking Keith's delicious cider!


Howl at the Moon


Hands down the best date ever at Ryuu


Gasparilla 2011


Lori's visit 


Biff!! (This is the first broken leg)


Pensacola reunion!


The fabulous wedding of Keith and Kelly (LOVE Kristen's face in this one!)



Mmm, PETRAs!


Michelle's goodbye :(


Another date night at Bar Louie


Tommy's Paradise Grill for Lori's visit.


The Loving (?) Hut


It's been quite the adventure.  Good luck to Kelly and Keith and their new adventure in Birmingham, we will be up to visit soon - wild horses couldn't stop me! :) Love you, guys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment