Friday, July 22, 2011

Size 6 - Thintervention update

Around Memorial Day I was sitting in my bathing suit, looking at my body and thinking that I needed to make some serious changes in my life.  As a former chunky girl (highest weight of 180 lbs), I was able to run, bike, and swim the majority of my weight off.  However, there is about 15 extra pounds that I believe I've been carrying around way too long. 

So since Memorial Day, I've given up Diet Coke (still miss it some days), have been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables (and less processed foods), and have been cross-training more and cutting back on some of my running days.  Now, honestly I LOVE to run - LOVE it!  But, my body is so used to logging miles, that mixing up my routine was necessary! 

Technically, since Memorial Day - I am down at least 5 pounds.  I haven't had a chance to weigh myself recently because of the whole move thing, and I want to use the same exact scale every time I weigh in.  But, I have had a few people tell me that my face looks a bit thinner and I honestly feel better carrying around at least five pounds less.

So I went shopping with my sister on Friday to try to find a new dress.  For those of you who do not know, my sister is like a built-in personal stylist.  She has amazing taste in clothes, shoes, and accessories.  She is the perfect person to shop with because she also picks out things that I would never even THINK about trying on and make me try them on.  And they also look fabulous!  If she wasn't such a good nurse, I would say that she missed her calling in life. 

Anyway, we are looking at various stores in Citrus park mall.  (My nephew picked out a dress for me, but it was a size 4 - bless his heart!).  We finally stroll in to The Limited.  I love, love, love The Limited and their classic style.  Sometimes the prices scare the heck out of me, but their sales are amazing.  So, my sister and I pile up some dresses in my usual size 8 and head to the dressing rooms.

Now, when I dropped from double-digit size 10 to the 8, I wanted to shout it from the rooftop.  So, when I came out in the first dress, my sister says, "That dress is too big".  I just kind of looked at her and thought about what she had just said to me.  She calls the sales woman over to go get a size 6.  I thought what the heck?  I will try on a 6, and low and behold the sucker fit! 

The cynical fatty inside me said that it was probably just a bigger cut of dress, but then I tried on another 6, and that dress fit too!  Holy smokes!  A small victory!  Here is a picture of the dress I ended up with:


Also comes in this emerald/teal green:


Almost ended up with this one:


Anyway, that was probably the most exciting shopping adventure I've been on in a while! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think the dress looked better on you... holy smokes is right! ;)

    ReplyDelete